Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Armwood’s Bailey invited to Under Armour game
Posted Apr 13, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Apr 13, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Armwood rising senior athlete/wide receiver Alvin Bailey, a first-team member of the Tampa Tribune’s 2011 All-Hillsborough County football team, has received an offer to compete in next year’s Under Armour All-American Football Game, Hawks offensive coordinator Evan Davis announced Friday.
The annual prep all-star game features some of the nation’s most sought-after senior players and is played at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg. It is considered a close rival in status to the U.S. Army All-American Bowl Game in San Antonio, Texas, which also showcases highly-recruited senior high school players.
En route to Armwood’s 15-0 record and Class 6A state crown last season, Bailey accounted for more than 2,000 yards of the Hawks’ offense. Bailey passed for 836 yards and 10 touchdowns, rushed for 833 yards and six TDs and caught 22 passes for another 376 yards and two TDs. He currently has 13 offers from Division-I programs: Penn State, Georgia, Florida State, Arkansas, Florida International, Illinois, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Notre Dame, South Carolina, USF, UCF and Vanderbilt.