Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Armwood to meet Gibbs in kickoff classic
Posted Apr 25, 2012 by Doug Jacobs
Updated Apr 25, 2012 at 03:43 PM
The Armwood High football team will meet Gibbs on Aug. 24 in a kickoff classic, Hawks athletic director Don Hill said Wednesday.
Armwood did not have a preseason opponent because the games are usually scheduled as a two-year deal where one team will host the first year and the other will be the home team the second. Armwood played a regular season opponent, Las Vegas Bishop Gorman, during last year’s kickoff classic weekend.
Hill said Gibbs was scheduled to play Tarpon Springs, but Hillsborough County athletic director Lanness Robinson was able to work out a deal with Pinellas County to get Armwood the game.