Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Armwood to meet Gibbs in kickoff classic
Posted Apr 25, 2012 by Doug Jacobs
Updated Apr 25, 2012 at 03:43 PM
The Armwood High football team will meet Gibbs on Aug. 24 in a kickoff classic, Hawks athletic director Don Hill said Wednesday.
Armwood did not have a preseason opponent because the games are usually scheduled as a two-year deal where one team will host the first year and the other will be the home team the second. Armwood played a regular season opponent, Las Vegas Bishop Gorman, during last year’s kickoff classic weekend.
Hill said Gibbs was scheduled to play Tarpon Springs, but Hillsborough County athletic director Lanness Robinson was able to work out a deal with Pinellas County to get Armwood the game.