Most Recent Entries
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
Area runners, coaches named to all-star meet
Posted Nov 29, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Dec 1, 2012 at 05:03 PM
Steinbrenner seniors Matt Magee, Tanner Biles and Tyler Lima, along with Sickles senior Abdin Fator and Newsome senior Lars Benner have been named to the West squad of the Florida Athletic Coaches Association’s 2012 All-Star Cross Country Classic on Saturday morning at Apalachee Regional Park in Tallahassee.
Coaching the West boys team is Sickles’ Gail Battone. Also on her squad is Aesop Brown of Fort Myers and Bobby Ormsby from Cypress Lake.
On the girls side, Newsome’s Orlando Greene will be coaching a West team that will contain his star senior runners, Brianna Jackson and Stephanie Cajas, and Plant senior standout Scarlett Fox. Joining them to form the West’s seven-member team will be Saphara Harrell of Clearwater Central Catholic, Chelsea Manning of Cypress Lake, Amanda Spring of St. Petersburg Northeast and Lakewood Ranch’s Natalie Novak.
The meet will be staged on the same 5-kilometer course as the recent Florida High School Athletic Association’s state finals with teams competing from the FACA’s North, South, East and West regions.