Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Area representatives nominated for Baseball’s Mr. Florida
Posted Apr 21, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Apr 21, 2013 at 01:36 PM
The District 15 representatives for this season’s Florida Dairy Farmers award were announced Sunday as selected by area Florida Athletic Coaches Association members. District 15 chair and Gaither coach Frank Permuy said the representatives in seven classifications will now be entered into the pool of players selected as the Player of the Year representatives for their Class and one player will be selected as Baseball’s Mr. Florida in May.
District 15’s Representatives are:
Class 8A – Tyler Danish, P/3B, Durant
Danish, a University of Florida commit finished the regular season 10-1, with an 0.00 ERA and 107 strike outs. The right handed senior also leads his team in hitting with a .368 avg., 17 runs scored, 21 RBI and five home runs.
Class 7A – Cole Gordon, DH/INF, Steinbrenner
Gordon, a junior has led Steinbrenner’s power output all season batting .418, with 26 runs, 31 RBI, five doubles and seven home runs.
Class 6A – Brett Morales, P/3B, King
Morales, a Florida commit, was a leader for King on the mound and at the plate as the Lions won 20 regular season games this year for the first time in school history. Morales was 7-1, with a 0.54 ERA and 70 strikeouts, while hitting .278 with 14 RBI.
Class 5A – Spencer Trayner, P/SS, Jesuit
Trayner, a Univeristy of North Carolina signee, has served as the Tigers ace this season going 6-1 with a 1.40 ERA on the season, while keeping a blistering pace as the team’s leading hitter, batting .542, with 27 runs scored, 23 RBI, six doubles and 10 stolen bases.
Class 4A – Bubba Olivera, INF, Berkeley Prep
Olivera has committed to the University of North Florida and has been solid for the Buccaneers all season batting .373, with 13 runs scored, 13 RBI and 12 stolen bases.
Class 3A – Sam Martin, P/1B/OF, Tampa Prep
Martin, a junior hitting .311 for the Terrapins, helped lead his team to a 17-8 regular season and a top seed in this week’s district tournament. Martin is 4-2 for Tampa Prep with a 1.96 ERA and 41 strikeouts this season, while scoring 16 runs and driving in 19 on the season.
Class 2A – Levi Gilcrease, OF/P, Cambridge Christian
The Lancers junior is on a tear this season batting .510 with five home runs, 22 runs scored and 10 stolen bases on the season and serving some time as a reliever has 15 strikeouts in 12.2 innings of work.