Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
Area athletes sign and commit to colleges
Posted May 15, 2013 by Scott Purks
Updated May 17, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Plant’s football team continued piling up its college scholarship signings this week as five seniors made their commitments official: Defensive lineman Eliel Shines (Seton Hill in Pennsylvania), quarterback Kyle Groh (Ohio Wesleyan), defensive end Kareem Martin (Lindenwood University in Missouri), defensive lineman-linebacker Eliel Shines (Seton Hill), defensive tackle Gage Stokes (Northeastern Oklahoma A&M) and receiver K.J. Walker (Averett University in Virginia). That pushed the Panthers’ total football signings to 15 for the 2012-13 school year.
Plant golfer Ryan Gendron also signed with St. Leo College and Nikki Misner signed a softball scholarship with Maine
On the track scene, Riverview High sprinter Chase McCoy announced he is committing to a track scholarship with the University of Central Missouri.
McCoy, who finished sixth in the 100 meters at the Class 4A state track meet, is scheduled to sign his scholarship on Monday, May 20.