Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Area athletes sign and commit to colleges
Posted May 15, 2013 by Scott Purks
Updated May 17, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Plant’s football team continued piling up its college scholarship signings this week as five seniors made their commitments official: Defensive lineman Eliel Shines (Seton Hill in Pennsylvania), quarterback Kyle Groh (Ohio Wesleyan), defensive end Kareem Martin (Lindenwood University in Missouri), defensive lineman-linebacker Eliel Shines (Seton Hill), defensive tackle Gage Stokes (Northeastern Oklahoma A&M) and receiver K.J. Walker (Averett University in Virginia). That pushed the Panthers’ total football signings to 15 for the 2012-13 school year.
Plant golfer Ryan Gendron also signed with St. Leo College and Nikki Misner signed a softball scholarship with Maine
On the track scene, Riverview High sprinter Chase McCoy announced he is committing to a track scholarship with the University of Central Missouri.
McCoy, who finished sixth in the 100 meters at the Class 4A state track meet, is scheduled to sign his scholarship on Monday, May 20.