Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
Are you kidding me DirecTV!!!!!
Posted Apr 28, 2008 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Apr 27, 2008 at 11:13 PM
I would like to thank DirecTV tonight for screwing me out of the first five minutes of the third period of the Dallas-San Jose game. I flipped over during the second intermission to catch the end of Mystery, Alaska in just enough time to see Connor Banks ring one off the crossbar as the final seconds ticked off to see the Mystery boys drop one to the New York Rangers. And after getting my 3-year-old a sip of milk after he woke up, I flipped back over only to see Tracy Ullman fold up her laptop computer while in bed, then complain about cramps before putting the still warm computer in her abdominal region. I then got to see previews of some show called The Secret Life of a Call Girl, The Weeds, Penn and Teller’s Bullsh!! and the opening minutes of The Tudors. Normally I might now complain about seeing some of the previews for a cable smut show or two . . .
However, I certainly didn’t want to miss the opening minutes of the third period of a tightly contested game that was 2-1 after 40 minutes. After realizing the switch back to Versus was going to come about as quickly as my five-year-old when I call him to clean up his bedroom, I pulled up the computer to NHL.com and saw that Brad Richards scored in the opening minute to tie the game Then just as I’m trying to pull up the DirecTV website and find a number for customer service to call in my complaint, the channel switches back to Versus just in enough time to show the replay of Mike Modano scoring to make it 3-2….
Anybody else encounter this problem tonight? Was it just DirecTV? Was it a glitch with Versus? Let me know if this was just an isolated case or not!!!!!