Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Are you kidding me DirecTV!!!!!
Posted Apr 28, 2008 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Apr 27, 2008 at 11:13 PM
I would like to thank DirecTV tonight for screwing me out of the first five minutes of the third period of the Dallas-San Jose game. I flipped over during the second intermission to catch the end of Mystery, Alaska in just enough time to see Connor Banks ring one off the crossbar as the final seconds ticked off to see the Mystery boys drop one to the New York Rangers. And after getting my 3-year-old a sip of milk after he woke up, I flipped back over only to see Tracy Ullman fold up her laptop computer while in bed, then complain about cramps before putting the still warm computer in her abdominal region. I then got to see previews of some show called The Secret Life of a Call Girl, The Weeds, Penn and Teller’s Bullsh!! and the opening minutes of The Tudors. Normally I might now complain about seeing some of the previews for a cable smut show or two . . .
However, I certainly didn’t want to miss the opening minutes of the third period of a tightly contested game that was 2-1 after 40 minutes. After realizing the switch back to Versus was going to come about as quickly as my five-year-old when I call him to clean up his bedroom, I pulled up the computer to NHL.com and saw that Brad Richards scored in the opening minute to tie the game Then just as I’m trying to pull up the DirecTV website and find a number for customer service to call in my complaint, the channel switches back to Versus just in enough time to show the replay of Mike Modano scoring to make it 3-2….
Anybody else encounter this problem tonight? Was it just DirecTV? Was it a glitch with Versus? Let me know if this was just an isolated case or not!!!!!