Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
Another Rays minor leaguer suspended
Posted Apr 26, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Apr 26, 2013 at 04:16 PM
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Tampa Bay Rays Minor League right-handed pitcher Jose Disla has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Metabolites of Stanozolol and Nandrolone, performance-enhancing substances in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
The suspension of Disla, who is currently on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Rays, will be effective at the start of the DSL season.