Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Another Fulmer heads to Ridgewood
Posted May 16, 2012 by Andy Villamarzo
Updated May 16, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Former Hudson quarterback Will Fulmer has officially enrolled at Ridgewood, he said via text early this morning.
Fulmer, who played at Gulf his first two years of high school before going back to Hudson, his home school, after his father, Jay Fulmer, was forced to resign his coaching position at Gulf prior to the 2010 season.
Will only played two games last season for the Cobras, before an ankle injury in the second game against Clearwater Central Catholic derailed the remainder of his junior campaign. Through two games, Fulmer completed 2-of-14 passes for 22 yards and rushed for 38 yards.
When Jay Fulmer was hired as head coach at Ridgewood, it was expected Will would follow but he couldn’t officially enroll until Jay was teaching at the school. With the move, Will will have the opportunity to play his first varsity season under his father and that’s something that means a lot to the both.
“I’m just extremely happy he’s here,” Jay Fulmer said. “It just really means a lot to me that I can get to coach my son in his senior season. I think he will be a great addition to the team.”