Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Another Fulmer heads to Ridgewood
Posted May 16, 2012 by Andy Villamarzo
Updated May 16, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Former Hudson quarterback Will Fulmer has officially enrolled at Ridgewood, he said via text early this morning.
Fulmer, who played at Gulf his first two years of high school before going back to Hudson, his home school, after his father, Jay Fulmer, was forced to resign his coaching position at Gulf prior to the 2010 season.
Will only played two games last season for the Cobras, before an ankle injury in the second game against Clearwater Central Catholic derailed the remainder of his junior campaign. Through two games, Fulmer completed 2-of-14 passes for 22 yards and rushed for 38 yards.
When Jay Fulmer was hired as head coach at Ridgewood, it was expected Will would follow but he couldn’t officially enroll until Jay was teaching at the school. With the move, Will will have the opportunity to play his first varsity season under his father and that’s something that means a lot to the both.
“I’m just extremely happy he’s here,” Jay Fulmer said. “It just really means a lot to me that I can get to coach my son in his senior season. I think he will be a great addition to the team.”