Most Recent Entries
- Area Athltes Shine at Golden South Classic Track Meet
- Rays @ O’s: Moore looking to go 8-0, Rays looking for sweep
- Collect call: 2013 Bowman baseball
- Rays @ O’s: Rays on FOX game of the week
- Seffner Christian’s Hanson picks Liberty
- Current Baseball America prospect list boasts five locals
- Rays @ O’s: Hellickson returns to mound to start trip
- Former Newsome tennis standout, Hersh, named POY
- Bishop McLaughlin sophomore OH Alyssa Mathis commits to San Diego State
- Rays v BoSox: Price looks for 2nd win, Escobar moved to 5th in order
- Area athletes sign and commit to colleges
- Steinbrenner announces athletic signings
- Mitchell P/INF Chris McCormick commits to PHCC
- Three Hudson girls soccer players, including first the Division I scholarship, to sign Friday
- Connors holds serve in autobiography
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Anclote’s first-round playoff game in Gainesville moved to Thursday, Nov. 15
Posted Nov 8, 2012 by Mike Camunas
Updated Nov 8, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Looks like just another obstacle in the road for Anclote to get around.
Sharks coach Matt Wicks announced Thursday that the team’s first-ever playoff game had been moved to Nov. 15 at 7:30 p.m. because of “shared-field conflict.” The game should have been played Nov. 16, similar to all other first-round playoff games, including when fellow Class 5A-District 6 team Pasco hosts Citra North Marion.
However, the Gainesville-area high schools share Veterans Memorial Stadium for outdoor athletic events, such as football and soccer games.
FHSAA decided to move Anclote’s game to a day earlier because Alachula Gainesville hosts Brooksville Hernando in a Class 6A first-round playoff game in the same stadium.
Anclote, a program just in its fourth season, started the season 0-4, but roared back to forced a three-way tiebreaker playoff game with Fivay and Anclote, then shutout both the latter to make the team’s first playoff berth.
Correspondents Andy Villamarzo and Chris Errington contributed to this report.