Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Aki on preliminary WBC roster
Posted Dec 15, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Dec 15, 2008 at 10:33 AM
Japan has released a preliminary roster for the World Baseball Classic, and as expected, Akinori Iwamura is one of the 34 names listed.
Team Japan’s training camp is slated to begin Feb. 16, I believe, and the WBC opens in Tokyo on March 5. That could keep Iwamura away from the Rays for the bulk of spring training, but the team knew that was part of the bargain all along.