Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Adam Oates and the Lightning in talks
Posted Sep 10, 2009 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Sep 10, 2009 at 12:17 AM
Can’t believe I failed to mention earlier, but my bout with the kitchen sink threw my night into a tizzy, and if you know my household, it’s already in those state of affairs…...
But Adam Oates was out at the Ice Sports Forum in Brandon today talking with Rick Tocchet and Brian Lawton for quite sometime. Apparently Oates is looking to get back into the game in some kind of capacity and he might wind up as a power play coach/consultant that would float between Norfolk and Tampa Bay helping out in that capacity. While nothing appears imminent at this point, with Oates in town you can bet there are some serious discussions taking place and that Oates will be brought into the fold in the very near future.
There is also a strong connection between Oates and Tocchet which is probably at play in this situation. Keep an ear out for this one!