Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
About face on Boyle situation
Posted Jul 3, 2008 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Jul 3, 2008 at 02:03 PM
The ever changing Internet world we delve into now is a change-of-a-dime entity, and there is no better proof of that than what happened in the past 30 minutes.
“They have asked me to waive’’ the no-trade clause, Boyle said.
Boyle did not want to discuss the specifics of when or how he was approached, or where they are asking him to move. The conversation was brief, but wanted to make sure the record was set straight.
This story will continue to develop as the day continues.
Here’s an indicator as to what the Lightning has in mind of what they fully intend to do with Dan Boyle. If you go to the Lightning homepage during the introduction of the new faces (and a couple of familiar ones), Boyle is not among those listed, which also includes Gary Roberts, Ryan Malone along with the likes of Vinny Lecavalier and Marty St. Louis. But no mention of Boyle.