Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
About face on Boyle situation
Posted Jul 3, 2008 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Jul 3, 2008 at 02:03 PM
The ever changing Internet world we delve into now is a change-of-a-dime entity, and there is no better proof of that than what happened in the past 30 minutes.
“They have asked me to waive’’ the no-trade clause, Boyle said.
Boyle did not want to discuss the specifics of when or how he was approached, or where they are asking him to move. The conversation was brief, but wanted to make sure the record was set straight.
This story will continue to develop as the day continues.
Here’s an indicator as to what the Lightning has in mind of what they fully intend to do with Dan Boyle. If you go to the Lightning homepage during the introduction of the new faces (and a couple of familiar ones), Boyle is not among those listed, which also includes Gary Roberts, Ryan Malone along with the likes of Vinny Lecavalier and Marty St. Louis. But no mention of Boyle.