Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
About face on Boyle situation
Posted Jul 3, 2008 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Jul 3, 2008 at 02:03 PM
The ever changing Internet world we delve into now is a change-of-a-dime entity, and there is no better proof of that than what happened in the past 30 minutes.
“They have asked me to waive’’ the no-trade clause, Boyle said.
Boyle did not want to discuss the specifics of when or how he was approached, or where they are asking him to move. The conversation was brief, but wanted to make sure the record was set straight.
This story will continue to develop as the day continues.
Here’s an indicator as to what the Lightning has in mind of what they fully intend to do with Dan Boyle. If you go to the Lightning homepage during the introduction of the new faces (and a couple of familiar ones), Boyle is not among those listed, which also includes Gary Roberts, Ryan Malone along with the likes of Vinny Lecavalier and Marty St. Louis. But no mention of Boyle.