Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- FACA Baseball Classic Rosters announced
- Stargell stands tall in biography
- Profar is second Bowman redemption card
- Rays @ Jays: Victoria Day matinee
- Green seeking funds for trip
- Area Athletes Shine at Golden South Classic
- Rays @ O’s: Moore looking to go 8-0, Rays looking for sweep
- Collect call: 2013 Bowman baseball
- Rays @ O’s: Rays on FOX game of the week
- Seffner Christian’s Hanson picks Liberty
- Current Baseball America prospect list boasts five locals
- Rays @ O’s: Hellickson returns to mound to start trip
- Former Newsome tennis standout, Hersh, named POY
- Bishop McLaughlin sophomore OH Alyssa Mathis commits to San Diego State
- Rays v BoSox: Price looks for 2nd win, Escobar moved to 5th in order
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
A couple of questions with Wade Davis
Posted Feb 21, 2010 by Roger Mooney
Updated Feb 21, 2010 at 03:17 PM
How do you unwind during regular season?
“Movies. (Me and my wife) do a lot of outdoor things like fishing. We try to do anything we can to have a normal life. Fishing, we like to workout a lot. We go running. Things that make you feel like you’re in a normal atmosphere so it doesn’t feel like you’re just getting up and going to the field all day.”
What’s the best movie you’ve seen lately?
“‘The Hangover.’ ‘Blindside.’ I’d say ‘The Hangover’ is the best one I’ve seen in a while.”
What is your favorite baseball movie?
“Bull Durham. Perfect Game.”
What did you do this past offseason?
Got married. He and his bride Katelyn honeymooned at Sandals in Jamaica.
“After the honeymoon I did a lot of hunting. I gave a lot of pitching lessons just to keep me mentally in baseball.”
What is your favorite Winter Olympic sport?
“Speed skating. Apollo Ono, it’s pretty cool watching him.”
What is your earliest baseball memory?
“When I was 12 I went to a tournament in Cooperstown (New York). That was a really good time. We enjoyed that. We had a team together from Lakeland. We ended up placing 12th. I did pretty good. I was a middle of the line player on that team. I hit a couple of home runs. I wasn’t a pitcher at the time. I played third (base) and first. I was in the home run derby.”