Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Ridgewood, Gulf basketball players suspended
Posted Jan 15, 2013 by Tribune staff
Updated Jan 15, 2013 at 05:24 PM
Nine Ridgewood and four Gulf High boys basketball players were suspended Tuesday due to an incident that happened during the teams’ game last Friday at Gulf.
The suspensions, announced by Gulf athletic director Travis DeWalt and Ridgewood athletic director Tom Wellington, go into effect immediately.
DeWalt said the school is working with the FHSAA to resolve the issue.
Ridgewood is 11-7 overall and 8-3 in Class 5A-District 8. The Rams are scheduled to play at Hudson tonight and the team plans to use JV players to replace the suspended ones.
Gulf is 6-9 on the season and 5-7 in Class 5A-8. The Buccaneers are scheduled to play host to Anclote tonight.