Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Ridgewood, Gulf basketball players suspended
Posted Jan 15, 2013 by Tribune staff
Updated Jan 15, 2013 at 05:24 PM
Nine Ridgewood and four Gulf High boys basketball players were suspended Tuesday due to an incident that happened during the teams’ game last Friday at Gulf.
The suspensions, announced by Gulf athletic director Travis DeWalt and Ridgewood athletic director Tom Wellington, go into effect immediately.
DeWalt said the school is working with the FHSAA to resolve the issue.
Ridgewood is 11-7 overall and 8-3 in Class 5A-District 8. The Rams are scheduled to play at Hudson tonight and the team plans to use JV players to replace the suspended ones.
Gulf is 6-9 on the season and 5-7 in Class 5A-8. The Buccaneers are scheduled to play host to Anclote tonight.