Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Ridgewood, Gulf basketball players suspended
Posted Jan 15, 2013 by Tribune staff
Updated Jan 15, 2013 at 05:24 PM
Nine Ridgewood and four Gulf High boys basketball players were suspended Tuesday due to an incident that happened during the teams’ game last Friday at Gulf.
The suspensions, announced by Gulf athletic director Travis DeWalt and Ridgewood athletic director Tom Wellington, go into effect immediately.
DeWalt said the school is working with the FHSAA to resolve the issue.
Ridgewood is 11-7 overall and 8-3 in Class 5A-District 8. The Rams are scheduled to play at Hudson tonight and the team plans to use JV players to replace the suspended ones.
Gulf is 6-9 on the season and 5-7 in Class 5A-8. The Buccaneers are scheduled to play host to Anclote tonight.