Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
3 Rays minor leaguers suspended for violating drug policy
Posted Aug 23, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Aug 23, 2012 at 05:39 PM
Major League Baseball’s commissioner office announced that three members of the Rays minor league system have been suspended for 50 games for violating the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Second baseman Ryan Brett, pitcher Charles Cononie and pitcher Justin Woodall, of Single-A Bowling Green of the Midwest League, each tested positive for methamphetamine and an amphetamine.