- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Rays-BoSox in rain delay
- Davis named new girls basketball coach at Jefferson
- Collect call: 2013 Leaf Draft football
- Brooks-DeBartolo hires new girls basketball coach
- Rays 2 BoSox: Myers batting 6th, Longo back at 3B for Game 1
- Familiarity breeds confidence for Bucs
- Collect call: 2013 Bowman football
- Rays’ Myers is Bowman’s fifth lucky redemption
- Basketball showcase tonight at Berkeley Prep
- Archer, Odorizzi for doubleheader in Boston means lots of starts by rookies on this trip
- Gaither QB commits to FIU
- Gaither QB commits to FIU
- Rays v KC: Cobb tries to right the ship, Johnson dropped in the order
- Collect call: 2013 Topps Archives baseball
- Rays v KC: Moore tries to rebound
18 are “in,” but not officially “in”
Posted Jul 2, 2009 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Jul 2, 2009 at 02:51 PM
USF’s sports information department released a list of 18 incoming freshmen on the football team that are currently enrolled in summer school. This, however, does not mean that they all have met NCAA qualifying marks and have been approved by the school’s academic committee.
So while they are currently considered part of USF’s program, that doesn’t necessarily mean they are officially in and cleared to play for the Bulls this fall. USF sports information director Chris Freet said he can’t comment on who has been cleared by the university. So of these 18 in summer school, not all of them may still be around in the fall. We’ll have to wait and see.
With that said here are the 18 incoming freshmen of the 23 freshmen that signed who are enrolled in summer school (junior college signees are not included):
Samuel Barrington, Bradley Battles, Ricardo Dixon, Julius Forte, Ryne Giddins, Sterling Griffin, Chase Griffiths, Derrick Hopkins, Steven Jacques, Jaquez Jenkins, DeDe Lattimore, Lindsey Lamar, Jonathan McGhin, Victor Marc, Luke Sager, Demi Thompson, Isaac Virgin and Kayvon Webster.
Of USF’s remaining five freshmen signees: Khyri Thornton and Kamran Joyer both said they met NCAA qualifying standards, but were denied admission by USF’s academic committee and Gerard Atkins said he’s considering Georgia Military College if not accepted into USF. USFNation.com reported Adaris Bellamy said he’s likely headed to Fork Union Military Academy and Ivan Nicholas is still trying to improve his test scores and GPA to get accepted into USF.
As far as USF’s six junior college signees – Jamar Bass, Jason Pierre-Paul, Carlos Savala, Leslie Stirrups, Jacquian Williams and Kevin Williams – only Kevin Williams has currently been ruled out and won’t attend USF in the fall.
Selvie says: USF senior DE George Selvie did an interesting Q/A with Q/A with Scout.com NFL Draft analyst Chris Steuber.
Selvie talked about the upcoming season, coming back for his senior year and admitted when he “first arrived [to USF], you couldn’t get your own parents to come to the game. That’s not the case now.”
Among Selvie’s more interesting answers:
Q: Who’s your dream date?
A: A weekend in Hawaii with Oprah
Q: What’s your most prized possession?
A: An autograph from the immortal Hulk Hogan
Q: What’s something you can’t live without?
A: Toilet paper