Most Recent Entries
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- A peek at Panini’s 2013 Cooperstown Collection
- Wharton athletes sign NLI’s
- Touchdown Club of Atlanta names Hargreaves top defensive back in the country
- Rays @ Jays: Cobb looking for 5th win
- FACA Baseball Classic Rosters announced
- Stargell stands tall in biography
- Profar is second Bowman redemption card
- Rays @ Jays: Victoria Day matinee
- Green seeking funds for trip
- Area Athletes Shine at Golden South Classic
- Rays @ O’s: Moore looking to go 8-0, Rays looking for sweep
- Collect call: 2013 Bowman baseball
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Wharton athletes sign NLI’s
Posted May 21, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated May 21, 2013 at 04:26 PM
Inside the school’s conference room on Tuesday, eight student-athletes from Wharton High were recognized for signing national letters of intent to play sports in college.
The athletes were:
Tyler Watson, track and field, Jackson State
Britany Smith, track and field, Alabama
Areion Caldwell, fooball, Methodist College
Keith Hopkins, football, Wittenberg
Rocky Enos, football, Webber International
Fritznel Jean-Francois, football, Hutchison Community College
Shannon Clark, golf, Hartford
Alex Kranick, baseball, Pasco Hernando Community College
Seffner Christian’s Hanson picks Liberty
Posted May 17, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated May 17, 2013 at 05:55 PM
Seffner Christian senior girls basketball standout Tesha Hanson announced Friday she has signed with Division I Liberty University.
This past season, Hanson helped the Crusaders reach the Class 3A state semifinals, averaging 17.3 points, 6.7 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 3.1 steals a game.
Hanson, who was selected to the Class 3A All-State team, finished her prep career with 2,001 points.
Steinbrenner announces athletic signings
Posted May 15, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated May 15, 2013 at 01:55 PM
The following athletes at Steinbrenner High signed national letters of intent today:
Jason Collister- University of Tampa
Enrique Barboto- Barry University
Derek Gebhard- Florida Gulf Coast
Chander Phillips- WIngate University
Blaine Tucker- Avemaria University
Chris Harrison- Methodist University
Jared Penzer- Ohio Wesleyan
Cross Country/ Track:
Lauren Garris- University of West Florida
Natalia Campos- Valdosta State University
Nic Kalolo- Maryville College
CDS’ Lewis signs with Kentucky Christian
Posted May 14, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated May 14, 2013 at 02:25 PM
Carrollwood Day School senior receiver Nate Lewis has signed with Kentucky Christian University, a NAIA program.
Lewis, who sat out his junior season with an ACL tear, finished the 2012 season with 19 receptions for 469 yards and four touchdowns. Defensively, Lewis collected 20 tackles with one pass deflection and a forced fumble.
KCU finished 7-4 last season.
Pasco rising sophomore WR/DB Nate Craig pulls in Florida, FSU offers
Posted May 14, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated May 14, 2013 at 01:27 PM
Though Pasco’s Nate Craig already has numerous offers, the rising sophomore star pulled in his first in-state offer Tuesday morning.
Pirates coach Tom McHugh tweeted that Craig received a phone call from Florida Gators head coach Will Muschamp, who then proceeded to give the 6-foot-3, 200-pound WR/DB his ninth Division I offer. Less than two hours later, Craig said via his Facebook page that Florida State gave him his 10th offer.
Craig, who had 18 catches for 299 yards and seven touchdowns as a freshman in 2012, already had three SEC offers: Tennessee, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, but also already had five more offers: Texas Tech, UMass, Ohio State, Clemson and Rutgers.
Craig also had four interceptions and five pat downs playing safety last season, while there should be more offers for the rising recruit before Pasco travels to Land O’ Lakes for its Spring Game on May 23 at 7 p.m.