- Send Your Wishes To The New Administration
- Moffitt Among Quarterfinalists For Lott Award
- Two Women Thrown From Boat When It Hits I-75 Bridge
- Judge Imposes Stay On Lethal Injections
- Poll: More Coastal Residents Would Not Evacuate For Hurricane
- Robbers In Ninja Garb Strike Hampton Inn
- Deputy Is Accused Of Domestic Battery
- 2 Men Burst Into Home, Steal More Than $7,000
- Temple Terrace Man Wounded In Shooting
- Polk Deputies Charge 17 Men After Weekend Cockfight
- Baby Dropped Off At Fire Station
- Jury Awards $21.1 Million In Wrongful Birth Case
- Deputies Investigate Bank Robbery
- Grandpa Robbed; Grandson Charged
- Composite Sketch Of Armed Carjacker Released
By Valerie Kalfrin
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA - A Tampa man who snapped at a cell phone user to quiet down early Tuesday got fired upon in reply, Tampa police said.
Andrew Barsi, 18, was being treated at Tampa General Hospital for bullet fragments in his stomach, police spokeswoman Andrea Davis said. He was listed in fair condition.
About 2:20 a.m. Tuesday, Barsi and a friend were drinking on the balcony of a condominium at 1229 N. Franklin St. when they yelled at a man talking loudly on a cellular phone below them, Davis said.
The man with the phone pulled out a gun and fired a single shot, Davis said. The investigation continues.