- Send Your Wishes To The New Administration
- Moffitt Among Quarterfinalists For Lott Award
- Two Women Thrown From Boat When It Hits I-75 Bridge
- Judge Imposes Stay On Lethal Injections
- Poll: More Coastal Residents Would Not Evacuate For Hurricane
- Robbers In Ninja Garb Strike Hampton Inn
- Deputy Is Accused Of Domestic Battery
- 2 Men Burst Into Home, Steal More Than $7,000
- Temple Terrace Man Wounded In Shooting
- Polk Deputies Charge 17 Men After Weekend Cockfight
- Baby Dropped Off At Fire Station
- Jury Awards $21.1 Million In Wrongful Birth Case
- Deputies Investigate Bank Robbery
- Grandpa Robbed; Grandson Charged
- Composite Sketch Of Armed Carjacker Released
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – Police are looking for a suspect they say shot and killed a man in his car in Tampa.
A 28-year-old man was fatally shot during an argument at a South Manhattan Avenue plaza Tuesday night, police said.
Omar Glover of Tampa was a passenger in a car when he was shot in the right shoulder at 8 p.m. at a strip mall parking lot at 4556 S. Manhattan Ave., police said.
Glover exchanged words with someone standing outside the car. When the driver backed out of the parking spot, a shot was fired into the vehicle striking Glover, News Channel 8 reported. Police found Glover slumped over the front seat of his car.
Omar Glover was shot in his car.
“There was a white vehicle parked in the parking lot with two people inside. Words were exchanged with somebody on the outside of the vehicle and the passenger, when the driver began to back out, a shot was fired into the vehicle striking the passenger,” Lt. Bruce Leidholdt of Tampa Police Department said.
No one has been arrested in this incident.
Police questioned one person at the scene but did not receive any useful information.
The investigation continues.