- Send Your Wishes To The New Administration
- Moffitt Among Quarterfinalists For Lott Award
- Two Women Thrown From Boat When It Hits I-75 Bridge
- Judge Imposes Stay On Lethal Injections
- Poll: More Coastal Residents Would Not Evacuate For Hurricane
- Robbers In Ninja Garb Strike Hampton Inn
- Deputy Is Accused Of Domestic Battery
- 2 Men Burst Into Home, Steal More Than $7,000
- Temple Terrace Man Wounded In Shooting
- Polk Deputies Charge 17 Men After Weekend Cockfight
- Baby Dropped Off At Fire Station
- Jury Awards $21.1 Million In Wrongful Birth Case
- Deputies Investigate Bank Robbery
- Grandpa Robbed; Grandson Charged
- Composite Sketch Of Armed Carjacker Released
By DAVE NICHOLSON
The Tampa Tribune
PLANT CITY - For the fifth year in a row, fireworks will light up the skies over Plant City Stadium to celebrate Independence Day.
Bill Heard Chevrolet is once again the title sponsor of an evening that includes games, entertainment and - of course - fireworks.
The festivities are 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. July 4 at the stadium on Park Road, about two miles south of Interstate 4.
Plant City spent a few July Fourths without a community fireworks show for lack of money.
The tradition was revived in 2002 when Bill Heard stepped up as the title sponsor.
There’s nothing planned specifically to celebrate the fifth anniversary of the event’s revival, although the show will be bigger and better than ever, including 600 more fireworks shells.
The festivities include kids”” games, a flyover of old military airplanes at 6 p.m., a concert at 7 p.m. and fireworks at 9:30 p.m., said Stephen Rossiter, events coordinator for the Plant City Recreation and Parks Department.
Admission is free. Parking is $2 per vehicle. Food and refreshments will be on sale.
Proceeds will benefit South Florida Baptist Hospital’s Wellness on Wheels.
Besides Bill Heard, other sponsors include Valrico State Bank, Sunshine State Federal Savings and Loan, Pepsi, The Tampa Tribune, The (Plant City) Courier, Gulf Coast Turf and Tractor Plant City and radio station WQYK, 99.5 FM.
Rossiter is seeking more sponsors. For sponsorship information, call him at (813) 659-4255 or (813) 478-4142.
Contact Dave Nicholson at (813) 865-4432 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is always the most beautiful display! They light up the entire sky over the stadium. We watch this display from our fireworks stand at Family Bowl and it is great for business, we always get a crowd after.
Happy Independence Day, Plant City!
thank you Bill Heard ...We move here 3 years ago and we love 4 july here we don’t have drive far to enjoy the 4 th thanks again akins family