- Send Your Wishes To The New Administration
- Moffitt Among Quarterfinalists For Lott Award
- Two Women Thrown From Boat When It Hits I-75 Bridge
- Judge Imposes Stay On Lethal Injections
- Poll: More Coastal Residents Would Not Evacuate For Hurricane
- Robbers In Ninja Garb Strike Hampton Inn
- Deputy Is Accused Of Domestic Battery
- 2 Men Burst Into Home, Steal More Than $7,000
- Temple Terrace Man Wounded In Shooting
- Polk Deputies Charge 17 Men After Weekend Cockfight
- Baby Dropped Off At Fire Station
- Jury Awards $21.1 Million In Wrongful Birth Case
- Deputies Investigate Bank Robbery
- Grandpa Robbed; Grandson Charged
- Composite Sketch Of Armed Carjacker Released
FHP troopers investigate at the scene.
Paul Lamison / WFLA photo
By Valerie Kalfrin
The Tampa Tribune
The Florida Highway Patrol charged a Tampa man with armed kidnapping and battery after a motorist reported seeing a woman bound and gagged in his sport utility vehicle.
Trooper Larry Coggins said about 2 p.m., the highway patrol received a Star FHP call reporting that a woman in a white Chevy Blazer appeared to be bound and gagged.
The troopers pulled over the Blazer on the ramp leading from Interstate 4 to northbound 275 and saw the woman with duct tape over her mouth in the back seat.
The driver was identified as Marcus A. Young, 54, of Tampa.
The woman is 35, from Panama City.
Coggins did not identify her. She told troopers she was walking in the Ybor area when Young, who is an acquaintance, pulled up and began having an argument with her. He then bound and gagged her and put her in the vehicle.
The woman is being checked out at a local hospital, said Coggins and they are sending a special investigator to talk to her to get more details from her.