- Send Your Wishes To The New Administration
- Moffitt Among Quarterfinalists For Lott Award
- Two Women Thrown From Boat When It Hits I-75 Bridge
- Judge Imposes Stay On Lethal Injections
- Poll: More Coastal Residents Would Not Evacuate For Hurricane
- Robbers In Ninja Garb Strike Hampton Inn
- Deputy Is Accused Of Domestic Battery
- 2 Men Burst Into Home, Steal More Than $7,000
- Temple Terrace Man Wounded In Shooting
- Polk Deputies Charge 17 Men After Weekend Cockfight
- Baby Dropped Off At Fire Station
- Jury Awards $21.1 Million In Wrongful Birth Case
- Deputies Investigate Bank Robbery
- Grandpa Robbed; Grandson Charged
- Composite Sketch Of Armed Carjacker Released
By BETH GADDIS
LAKE WALES – The Polk County Sheriff’s Office hopes this composite sketch will help them catch an armed carjacker.
Roy Rivera-Jimenez was driving home from a friend’s house in Frostproof on Highway 27 when he saw a hitchhiker and stopped to give him a ride, according to a sheriff’s office news release.
The hitchhiker then directed the driver down a dead-end road and demanded his money and car at gunpoint. The suspect hit Rivera-Jimenez on the head with the gun several times, according to deputies. The gunman then drove off.
Investigators are looking for the car, a black 2007 Suzuki Forenza with the license tag S39-5CS, and for the suspect.
Rivera-Jimenez was treated and released from Lake Wales Hospital.
Anyone with any information on this case should call the Polk County Sheriff’s Office at (863) 533-0344 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-226-TIPS.