- Send Your Wishes To The New Administration
- Moffitt Among Quarterfinalists For Lott Award
- Two Women Thrown From Boat When It Hits I-75 Bridge
- Judge Imposes Stay On Lethal Injections
- Poll: More Coastal Residents Would Not Evacuate For Hurricane
- Robbers In Ninja Garb Strike Hampton Inn
- Deputy Is Accused Of Domestic Battery
- 2 Men Burst Into Home, Steal More Than $7,000
- Temple Terrace Man Wounded In Shooting
- Polk Deputies Charge 17 Men After Weekend Cockfight
- Baby Dropped Off At Fire Station
- Jury Awards $21.1 Million In Wrongful Birth Case
- Deputies Investigate Bank Robbery
- Grandpa Robbed; Grandson Charged
- Composite Sketch Of Armed Carjacker Released
Mark Kelvin Allen
YBOR CITY - A night of Yahtzee ended with a fatal stabbing Saturday.
Mark Kelvin Allen, 49, was arrested on a charge of second-degree murder Saturday night.
According to Tampa police, Allen got into an argument with Reuben Barnett and stabbed him twice in the abdomen. Barnett, 49, died at Tampa General Hospital.
The fight broke out about 7:30 p.m. at an east Tampa residence at 3607 Avenida Republica de Cuba. Police said Allen had been playing Yahtzee with Barnett’s girlfriend when an argument started. The woman went into a bedroom where her boyfriend was and closed the door. Allen kicked the door off its hinges, and the men fought, according to a police report.
Allen later told police he stabbed Barnett, the report states. He was being held in the Falkenburg Road jail Sunday without bail.