- Send Your Wishes To The New Administration
- Moffitt Among Quarterfinalists For Lott Award
- Two Women Thrown From Boat When It Hits I-75 Bridge
- Judge Imposes Stay On Lethal Injections
- Poll: More Coastal Residents Would Not Evacuate For Hurricane
- Robbers In Ninja Garb Strike Hampton Inn
- Deputy Is Accused Of Domestic Battery
- 2 Men Burst Into Home, Steal More Than $7,000
- Temple Terrace Man Wounded In Shooting
- Polk Deputies Charge 17 Men After Weekend Cockfight
- Baby Dropped Off At Fire Station
- Jury Awards $21.1 Million In Wrongful Birth Case
- Deputies Investigate Bank Robbery
- Grandpa Robbed; Grandson Charged
- Composite Sketch Of Armed Carjacker Released
By RAY REYES
of The Tampa Tribune
MULBERRY - Two people were killed and two others were taken by helicopter to Lakeland Regional Medical Center after a car and pickup truck collided at the intersection of Shady Hammock Drive and State Road 60 in Polk County about 2 p.m. today.
Trooper Larry Coggins of the Florida Highway Patrol said the driver of the car attempted to turn onto S.R. 60 from Shady Hammock Drive when the pickup truck plowed into the first vehicle. The driver and passenger of the car died at the scene, and their names were withheld pending notification of relatives, Coggins said. The two victims in the pickup truck suffered
non-life threatening injuries, Coggins said.
All eastbound traffic is reduced to one lane while there are no delays westbound on S.R. 60, Coggins said. Delays are expected while the highway patrol continues to clear the scene, Coggins said.
Martyn..we live on Lane St.,near the Pine Grove Baptist Church.
I heard the crash…and the response.
Getting onto,and off of,Hwy.60 tween Cty.Line Road and the city of Mulberry is like playing Russian Roulette.
Bailey Road&60 needs a stoplight!
Mebbe the FDOT will get off their rear ends and put one up.
Our condolences also to the family of the folks that died out here yesterday.
A thumbs up to the Polk Cty.Sheriffs Dept,the FHP,EMS…and the MPD as well.
They were all on scene in a blink.