Numbers tell the story, and we’ve got your numbers.
The News Center work group known as the Data Circle is your guide through the world of what counts. And what can be counted.
We’ll find the figures and show the patterns that explain life here in Tampa Bay-from amusement parks to zoo animals, with government salaries and big water users in between.
If it’s facts you want, we’ll find them for you. Shoot us an email.
Joyce joined The Tampa Tribune as senior editor for metro in 2005 and later helped launch TBO.com’s continuous news desk. He has worked as an editor and reporter in Arizona, Kentucky, Virginia, Idaho and Stuart, Fla. Email
Scullin has worked for The Tampa Tribune since 2005, directing news coverage in Pasco County and serving as the paper’s Sunday editor. He has worked as an editor and reporter in Lakeland, Sarasota, North Carolina and California. Email
Courtney Cairns Pastor
Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Yes, circuit judges are on our salaries list, all at $145,080
Posted Aug 3, 2009 by Dennis Joyce
Updated Aug 3, 2009 at 01:59 PM
Leonard Donatelli e-mailed us to ask whether the salaries of judges for the Sixth Judicial Circuit are available on our government salaries database, called “Who’s on Your Payroll?”
The answer is yes. The information was obtained from the Florida Personnel System, the largest employer on the database, and the list includes 690 circuit judges from across Florida.
The salary is the same for all the full-time judges according to the state’s data: $145,080 a year.
That includes the longest-serving judge on the list—John Watson III of Daytona Beach, whose start date is listed as January 1970—as well as 27 judges who took the bench earlier this year.
The sixth circuit is Pasco and Pinellas counties.
By the way, we recently posted here a list of government salary databases from other news Web sites.
Now we’ve discovered what appears to be the most comprehensive list of all: More than 250 government agencies from across the state of Utah on one database, brought to you by a consortium including the city’s newspapers and titled www.utahsright.com.
You’ll even find divorce filings there.