Most Recent Entries
- St. Leo University poll: Crist 46, Scott 34
- Scott abandoning stance in favor of Medicaid expansion?
- Bondi’s Democratic challengers trail in fundraising
- Scott files for re-election
- Crist first month total: $3 million
- Gardiner chosen as next Fla. Senate president
- Bondi’s committees now have raised more than $1 million
- First David Jolly ad touts his local ties, but could be fodder for critics
- Sources: Crist’s new campaign manager is gone
- Clark to ignore Detzner absentee directive for D 13 race
- Murman also uncertain about LG job
- Dems cry voter suppression, election supes unhappy, over new absentee rule
- Crist raises first million; Scott now over $25 million
- House and Senate bills would regulate parasailing
- Castor to raise $$ for Sink
Veterans information fair today at Polk State College
Posted Nov 5, 2012 by TBO.com
Updated Nov 5, 2012 at 09:58 AM
Veterans can learn about benefits and speak with veteran-friendly employers during an information fair today at Polk State College.
The fair runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in room LTB 1100 at the college’s Lakeland campus, 3425 Winter Lake Road.
Representatives from the Department of Veterans Affairs, Florida Department of Veterans Affairs, Polk County Veteran Services Office, Polk Works, local and national veteran organizations and local and national veteran-friendly employers were expected to participate.
The fair will provide veterans the opportunity to receive important information regarding veteran benefits and services, make important contacts within the veteran community and speak with veteran friendly employers about work-related topics.
The event will also have a VA mobile medical clinic and a VA mobile rehabilitation clinic.
Veterans and their spouses are invited to attend.