Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Veterans information fair today at Polk State College
Posted Nov 5, 2012 by TBO.com
Updated Nov 5, 2012 at 09:58 AM
Veterans can learn about benefits and speak with veteran-friendly employers during an information fair today at Polk State College.
The fair runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in room LTB 1100 at the college’s Lakeland campus, 3425 Winter Lake Road.
Representatives from the Department of Veterans Affairs, Florida Department of Veterans Affairs, Polk County Veteran Services Office, Polk Works, local and national veteran organizations and local and national veteran-friendly employers were expected to participate.
The fair will provide veterans the opportunity to receive important information regarding veteran benefits and services, make important contacts within the veteran community and speak with veteran friendly employers about work-related topics.
The event will also have a VA mobile medical clinic and a VA mobile rehabilitation clinic.
Veterans and their spouses are invited to attend.