Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
St. Pete High to retire Brittany Gordon’s jersey Dec. 3
Posted Nov 26, 2012 by TBO.com
Updated Nov 26, 2012 at 03:15 PM
St. Petersburg High School plans to retire the basketball jersey of Army Spc. Brittany Gordon, who was killed while serving in Afghanistan, on Dec. 3.
The ceremony to retire Gordon’s No. 33 will come during St. Petersburg’s girls basketball game against Seminole High, said Stephanie Swenson, a coach at the school.
Gordon, 24, was the daughter of St. Petersburg Assistant Police Chief Cedric Gordon and his former wife, Brenda Gordon.
She graduated in 2006 and was captain of the Green Devils’ girls basketball team and served as a manager for the boys team.
Here is the complete story.