Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
St. Pete High retires Gordon’s jersey during ceremony
Posted Dec 4, 2012 by TBO.com
Updated Dec 4, 2012 at 08:32 AM
St. Petersburgh High retired the number Monday during a game at the school’s gymnasium. It serves as a lasting honor for the Gordon, an Army intelligence specialist who was killed in action in Afghanistan in October. She was 24.
“That’s extremely important that Brittany never be forgotten,” said her father, Assistant Police Chief Cedric Gordon.
Gordon, who graduated from St. Pete High in 2006, was captain of the girls team and served as a manager for the boys team.
Here is TBO’s story from the ceremony.