RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Scott gets Q poll bump; Schale says “No biggie”
- Kentucky’s Beshear responds to Scott
- Lawmakers have sent all of this year’s bills to governor
- Scott next targets Kentucky to entice businesses, jobs
- Rangel, Clelland criticize Rouson
- Tant: J-J dinner raises $850,000, 1,300 attendees
- Fla. lawmaker on honeymoon when news breaks of ethics violation
- Scott vetoes mental health bill
- Curry: Maybe I’ll rent Rich a room
- Scott takes another jab at Nelson over sequestration and Nat’l Guard troops
- Legislature releases 2013-14 pre-session committee schedule
- New PhD now Ag Dept’s top economist
- Governor outlaws distribution of porn on school grounds
- Gov. Scott signs 34 more bills into law
- Scionti, Vance to run for judgeship
Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office officials have identified a man who left his gun in a movie theater restroom as a 13-year veteran of the force.
Heavy rain stopped the Tampa Bay Rays-Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park in the bottom of the fifth inning with the Red Sox leading 4-1, making it an official game.
The White Magnolia Bridal Collection, opening this summer, will have gowns priced from $1,300 to $4,000.
A boat hit a wake, throwing two fishermen into Tampa Bay, then turned in a tight circle without an operator for more than hour before running out of fuel.
RNC Host Committee “met every milestone”
Posted Aug 21, 2012 by Kevin Wiatrowski
Updated Aug 21, 2012 at 11:00 AM
RNC Host Committee CEO Ken Jones says his group has kept pace with the demands placed on it by the convention schedule. But he refused to go into any more detail about the group’s progress toward its goal of raising $50 million.
“We’ve met every milestone we had to meet,” Jones told a press conference Tuesday morning at Tropicana Field. “We did successfully enough in fundraising that the convention will happen.”
Jones said the full report of the committee’s fundraising will be filed with the Federal Elections Commission in mid-October.
The committee “probably will not” continue to raise money after the convention ends Aug. 30, Jones said.