RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Scott gets Q poll bump; Schale says “No biggie”
- Kentucky’s Beshear responds to Scott
- Lawmakers have sent all of this year’s bills to governor
- Scott next targets Kentucky to entice businesses, jobs
- Rangel, Clelland criticize Rouson
- Tant: J-J dinner raises $850,000, 1,300 attendees
- Fla. lawmaker on honeymoon when news breaks of ethics violation
- Scott vetoes mental health bill
- Curry: Maybe I’ll rent Rich a room
- Scott takes another jab at Nelson over sequestration and Nat’l Guard troops
- Legislature releases 2013-14 pre-session committee schedule
- New PhD now Ag Dept’s top economist
- Governor outlaws distribution of porn on school grounds
- Gov. Scott signs 34 more bills into law
- Scionti, Vance to run for judgeship
James Gandolfini, whose portrayal of a brutal, emotionally delicate mob boss in "The Sopranos" helped create one of TV's greatest drama series has died.
The feud between Warren Sapp and Michael Strahan took a fresh turn Wednesday when the Hall of Fame defensive tackle said Strahan wasn't even close to Simeon Rice as a pass rusher.
Hillsborough County officials seemed to throw cold water Wednesday on a proposal to reconstruct the Friendship TrailBridge through a public-private partnership.
The thin funnel briefly dangled from a storm cloud over Old Tampa Bay between the Gandy and Howard Frankland bridges shortly after lunchtime.
Report: McConnell will open RNC
Posted Aug 18, 2012 by Dennis Joyce
Updated Aug 18, 2012 at 08:38 PM
The Louisville Courier-Journal reports in a blog post today that Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., will open the Republican National Convention as its temporary chairman.