Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Mike Salinero has covered Hillsborough County government since 2007. Email
Reporter James L. Rosica covers state government from the Tribune's Tallahassee bureau. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Paul to hold rally at Sun Dome
Posted Jun 29, 2012 by William March
Updated Jun 29, 2012 at 11:19 AM
The Ron Paul campaign will hold a rally at the University of South Florida Sun Dome the afternoon of Sunday, Aug. 26, the day before the opening of the Republican National Convention in Tampa.
USF anticipaties “a major rally with thousands of supporters,” according to a news release concerning the event.
It will begin at noon—doors open at 11 a.m.—and is free and open to the public, the release said.
The rally is in addition to a three-day festival planned by Paul supporters—but not sanctioned by Paul himself—to be held at the State Fairgrounds over the weekend prior to the convention.
Paul’s campaign has said he won’t be attending that event, and instead will appear at his own. That’s because Paul wants to play down long-standing conflicts between his supporters and the Republican Party establishment, and therefore hopes to control the tone of events in which he participates, his campaign chairman has said.