RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Scott gets Q poll bump; Schale says “No biggie”
- Kentucky’s Beshear responds to Scott
- Lawmakers have sent all of this year’s bills to governor
- Scott next targets Kentucky to entice businesses, jobs
- Rangel, Clelland criticize Rouson
- Tant: J-J dinner raises $850,000, 1,300 attendees
- Fla. lawmaker on honeymoon when news breaks of ethics violation
- Scott vetoes mental health bill
- Curry: Maybe I’ll rent Rich a room
- Scott takes another jab at Nelson over sequestration and Nat’l Guard troops
- Legislature releases 2013-14 pre-session committee schedule
- New PhD now Ag Dept’s top economist
- Governor outlaws distribution of porn on school grounds
- Gov. Scott signs 34 more bills into law
- Scionti, Vance to run for judgeship
James Gandolfini, whose portrayal of a brutal, emotionally delicate mob boss in "The Sopranos" helped create one of TV's greatest drama series has died.
Everything that had been missing recently from the Rays arrived together Wednesday night at Fenway Park. Good pitching and good hitting.
Hillsborough County officials seemed to throw cold water Wednesday on a proposal to reconstruct the Friendship TrailBridge through a public-private partnership.
The feud between Warren Sapp and Michael Strahan took a fresh turn Wednesday when the Hall of Fame defensive tackle said Strahan wasn't even close to Simeon Rice as a pass rusher.
New York Times, Vanity Fair discover Tampa strip clubs
Posted Jul 27, 2012 by Dennis Joyce
Updated Jul 27, 2012 at 12:31 PM
With all the national attention on Tampa’s strip clubs, will any visiting Republican be brave enough to show his face there?
The New York Times is the latest to weigh on in how one of Tampa’s signature industries hopes to cash in on the Republican National Convention, Aug. 27-30.
The upshot of the story is that Republicans bust loose more than Democrats at times like this, as Tampa’s adult-industry icon Joe Redner told the Tribune in May 2010, after Tampa landed the convention.
There’s not much data to support this contention, of course, or any of the assertions the Times makes about the industry.
In fact, Vanity Fair makes fun of the story today in a list titled “The 10 Most Sordid Sentences in the Times Piece About Tampa, Strip Clubs, and the G.O.P. Convention.”
Beware before clicking the Vanity Fair link; it contains what might be described as an R-rated video compilation from one of the strip clubs.
Of course, the most comprehensive information about all the Tampa area’s 50 or so strip clubs - including how many dancers they have - can be found right here at TBO, on our database, “Bay Area Strip Clubs.”
We’re updating it again, right now.