Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Mike Salinero has covered Hillsborough County government since 2007. Email
Reporter James L. Rosica covers state government from the Tribune's Tallahassee bureau. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Mel Sembler joins Hasner campaign
Posted Jun 2, 2011 by TBO.com
Updated Jun 2, 2011 at 12:54 PM
U.S. Senate candidate Adam Hasner has named St. Petersburg developer and former Ambassador Mel Sembler honorary finance chairman.
Sembler has been one of the most prominent, high-powered Republican fundraisers in Florida.
He was one of the chief fundraisers in the 1988 campaign of former President George H.W. Bush, who then appointed him ambassador to Australia. He later became finance chairman for the national Republican Party, and was named ambassador to Italy by George W. Bush.
Hasner today also named a Jacksonville businessman as the campaign’s state finance committee chairman.