Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
MacDill Earns ‘Excellent’ Rating in Major Inspection
Posted Nov 29, 2012 by Howard Altman
Updated Nov 29, 2012 at 12:16 PM
I know that for the past few weeks, as I have been peppering the folks at the 6th Air Mobility Wing about a wide variety of issues, Jill Kelley and otherwise, they have been under the intense scrutiny of a major inspection.
All you have to do is take a look at my desk, which looks like the bottom of Oscar the Grouch’s garbage can, to know that I would not fare well during an Air Force (or any other branch) inspection.
The base scored an “excellent” rating.
Col. Scott DeThomas, wing commander, praised Team MacDill in statement to Command Post Tampa.
The superb Airmen and their civilian counterparts rose to the occasion knowing that they were faced with the largest multi-command inspection in the history of the Air Force.
Expert knowledge, disciplined thinking and overall skill thoroughly demonstrated why Team MacDill was rated “EXCELLENT.” This past week highlighted what each member of the 6th Air Mobility Wing and the 927th Air Refueling Wing brings to the table.
MacDill’s missions are not easy tasks, but the professionalism and continued due diligence guarantees that they will always be ready at a moments notice. These accomplishments would not be possible without the incredible support from the Tampa community and the military family members.
Their constant support makes it easy for Team MacDill to concentrate on its mission.