RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Business As Usual For TGH During RNC
Posted May 9, 2012 by Josh Poltilove
Updated May 9, 2012 at 03:07 PM
Tampa General Hospital plans on conducting business as usual and won’t cancel elective surgery during the week of the Republican National Convention, hospital spokesman John Dunn said.
The hospital has spoken with the RNC host committee, the city and law enforcement about the need to have continuous access to the hospital the week of the Aug. 27-30 convention.
“Everyone’s given us assurance that we should be able to maintain access with no trouble,” Dunn said.
Getting to the hospital might take some additional time, and some staff might need to find alternate routes, he said. But with some minor tweaks to travel schedules, he said, people should be able to get to the hospital without much trouble.
“I guess if you can get through the Gasparilla swarms, you should be able to get through the RNC,” he said.