Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
8 Troops Killed in Afghanistan in Last 2 Weeks
Posted Nov 24, 2012 by Howard Altman
Updated Nov 24, 2012 at 05:01 PM
Eight troops were killed in Afghanistan since my last post.
Lance Cpl. Dale W. Means, 23, of Jordan, Minn., died Nov. 18, while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to Combat Logistics Battalion 2, Combat Logistics Regiment 2, 2nd Marine Logistics Group, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C
Sgt. Channing B. Hicks, 24, of Greer, S.C., and Spc. Joseph A. Richardson, 23, of Booneville, Ark. died Nov. 16, in Paktika province, Afghanistan, from injuries suffered when enemy forces attacked their unit with an improvised explosive device and small arms fire. They were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 28th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Riley, Kan.
Staff Sgt. Rayvon Battle Jr., 25, of Rocky Mount, N.C., died Nov. 13 in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to the 38th Engineer Company, 4th Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
Sgt. Matthew H. Stiltz, 26, of Spokane, Wash., died Nov. 12 at Zerok, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his unit with indirect fire. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 28th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Riley, Kan.
Capt. James D. Nehl, 37, of Gardiner, Ore., died Nov. 9 in Ghazni Province, Afghanistan, from small arms fire while on patrol during combat operations. He was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 16th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, Fort Riley, Kan.
Staff Sgt. Kenneth W. Bennett, 26, of Glendora, Calif., died Nov. 10 in Sperwan Gar, Afghanistan, from injuries from an improvised explosive device during combat operations. He was assigned to the 53rd Ordnance Company (EOD), 3rd Ordnance Battalion (EOD), Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
Spc. Daniel L. Carlson, 21, of Running Springs, Calif., died Nov. 9 in Kandahar province, Afghanistan. Carlson was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 25th Aviation Regiment, 25th Combat Aviation Brigade, 25th Infantry Division
There have now been 2,144 deaths in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, the nation’s longest war.