Most Recent Entries
- St. Leo University poll: Crist 46, Scott 34
- Scott abandoning stance in favor of Medicaid expansion?
- Bondi’s Democratic challengers trail in fundraising
- Scott files for re-election
- Crist first month total: $3 million
- Gardiner chosen as next Fla. Senate president
- Bondi’s committees now have raised more than $1 million
- First David Jolly ad touts his local ties, but could be fodder for critics
- Sources: Crist’s new campaign manager is gone
- Clark to ignore Detzner absentee directive for D 13 race
- Murman also uncertain about LG job
- Dems cry voter suppression, election supes unhappy, over new absentee rule
- Crist raises first million; Scott now over $25 million
- House and Senate bills would regulate parasailing
- Castor to raise $$ for Sink
2 Troops Died This Week In Afghanistan
Posted Nov 3, 2012 by Howard Altman
Updated Nov 3, 2012 at 07:36 PM
Two troops died this week in Afghanistan.
Petty Officer 2nd Class Matthew G. Kantor, 22, of Gillette, N.J., died supporting stability operations in Zabul, Afghanistan. Kantor was assigned to an East Coast-based Naval Special Warfare unit in Virginia Beach, Va.
Cpl. Alex F. Domion, 21, of Richfield Springs, N.Y., died Oct. 31, as a result of a non-combat related incident in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 2nd Combat Engineer Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C. This incident is under investigation.
There have now been 2,132 deaths in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, the nation’s longest war.