Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Wreaths Across America Kicks Off Saturday At Wing House of Brandon
Posted Dec 14, 2012 by Howard Altman
Updated Dec 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM
If you have a bike and aren’t doing anything on Saturday, join thousands of volunteers, veterans and active duty military across America, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Become part of history in the placing of holiday wreaths at one of 750 National Cemeteries and Veteran monuments.
There are several wreath events in the area, including the American Legion Cemetery and Bay Pines National Cemetery. And a group of bikers from the area is heading up to the Florida National Cemetery at Bushnell.
That event is hosted by the U.S. Military Vets M/C. North Florida State Chapter.
Wreaths will arrive at the Florida National Cemetery in Bushnell approximately 11 a.m. with a Police and Motorcycle Escort from Lakeland. Wreaths will be available for gravesite placement shortly there after. If you want to place a Wreath on a grave marker please be there at or around 10:45 am. Wreaths will go fast.
The Hillsborough County rally point will be at the Wing House of Brandon , 5003 N. US Highway 301 Tampa.
Kick-Stands up at 9:15 a.m.
If you are unable to ride with the us, please meet us at the Florida National Cemetery in Bushnell at 11:00 am with the Ceremony starting at 11:30 (Sharp) this ceremony begins at Arlington and across America at the same time.
Please bring a chair space is abundant, seating is not.
For more information about Wreaths Across America log onto www.WreathsAcrossAmericabushnell.com
For more information, contact Rick Karczewski at (813) 810-5001.
The American Legion Post #5, which has a cemetery with 730 graves, is at 3810 West Kennedy Blvd., Tampa FL 33609
For more information, call (813) 837-5508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org