Most Recent Entries
- Lawmakers have sent all of this year’s bills to governor
- Scott next targets Kentucky to entice businesses, jobs
- Rangel, Clelland criticize Rouson
- Tant: J-J dinner raises $850,000, 1,300 attendees
- Fla. lawmaker on honeymoon when news breaks of ethics violation
- Scott vetoes mental health bill
- Curry: Maybe I’ll rent Rich a room
- Scott takes another jab at Nelson over sequestration and Nat’l Guard troops
- Legislature releases 2013-14 pre-session committee schedule
- New PhD now Ag Dept’s top economist
- Governor outlaws distribution of porn on school grounds
- Gov. Scott signs 34 more bills into law
- Scionti, Vance to run for judgeship
- Scott signs bong ban, other bills on Wednesday
- GOP adds Sink to target list
Veterans information fair today at Polk State College
Posted Nov 5, 2012 by TBO.com
Updated Nov 5, 2012 at 09:58 AM
Veterans can learn about benefits and speak with veteran-friendly employers during an information fair today at Polk State College.
The fair runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in room LTB 1100 at the college’s Lakeland campus, 3425 Winter Lake Road.
Representatives from the Department of Veterans Affairs, Florida Department of Veterans Affairs, Polk County Veteran Services Office, Polk Works, local and national veteran organizations and local and national veteran-friendly employers were expected to participate.
The fair will provide veterans the opportunity to receive important information regarding veteran benefits and services, make important contacts within the veteran community and speak with veteran friendly employers about work-related topics.
The event will also have a VA mobile medical clinic and a VA mobile rehabilitation clinic.
Veterans and their spouses are invited to attend.