Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
USF Moves Up To 4th In List Of Veteran Friendly Schools
Posted Nov 21, 2012 by Howard Altman
Updated Nov 21, 2012 at 03:43 PM
The University of South Florida moved up a notch in the annual Military Times rating of veteran friendly schools.
Last year, USF came in at No. 5. This year, No. 4.
University of South Florida Director for Veterans Services Larry Braue said veterans also can contribute to learning and culture on campus by bringing years of wisdom and maturity that other students don’t have, as well as firsthand knowledge of issues around the world.
“They come with a maturity that I think a lot of our younger students, and even our faculty, value in the classroom,” Braue told Military Times. “They’re just more valuable to the discussions.”
To see the full list, which includes St. Petersburg College in a three-way tie for 15, go here.