Most Recent Entries
- Scott abandoning stance in favor of Medicaid expansion?
- Bondi’s Democratic challengers trail in fundraising
- Scott files for re-election
- Crist first month total: $3 million
- Gardiner chosen as next Fla. Senate president
- Bondi’s committees now have raised more than $1 million
- First David Jolly ad touts his local ties, but could be fodder for critics
- Sources: Crist’s new campaign manager is gone
- Clark to ignore Detzner absentee directive for D 13 race
- Murman also uncertain about LG job
- Dems cry voter suppression, election supes unhappy, over new absentee rule
- Crist raises first million; Scott now over $25 million
- House and Senate bills would regulate parasailing
- Castor to raise $$ for Sink
- Two candidates left on Gov. Scott’s ‘short list’ for Lt. Gov.
USF Moves Up To 4th In List Of Veteran Friendly Schools
Posted Nov 21, 2012 by Howard Altman
Updated Nov 21, 2012 at 03:43 PM
The University of South Florida moved up a notch in the annual Military Times rating of veteran friendly schools.
Last year, USF came in at No. 5. This year, No. 4.
University of South Florida Director for Veterans Services Larry Braue said veterans also can contribute to learning and culture on campus by bringing years of wisdom and maturity that other students don’t have, as well as firsthand knowledge of issues around the world.
“They come with a maturity that I think a lot of our younger students, and even our faculty, value in the classroom,” Braue told Military Times. “They’re just more valuable to the discussions.”
To see the full list, which includes St. Petersburg College in a three-way tie for 15, go here.