RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
TPD buying $300k in fencing for RNC
Posted Apr 18, 2012 by Kevin Wiatrowski
Updated Apr 18, 2012 at 03:41 PM
TPD is asking City Council to OK nearly two miles of temporary fencing to protect “critical infrastructures” during the RNC.
The $290,000 no-bid contract is with Nashville-based Premier Global Production Co., a company that specializes in concerts and similar crowd management.
Premier handled fencing for the Republican National Convention in St. Paul and the Democratic National Convention in Denver.
“This type of barrier will be critical in the protection of city and county buildings that may be subject to damage as well as providing the law enforcement tased with security the buildings protection from protesters or other means of potential harm,” TPD said in its request for the fencing.
Premier’s Pro-Active fencing is unique to that company. Comparable equipment can’t be found elsewhere, the city noted.
The contract with Premier also includes 10 hotel rooms during the RNC for staffers who install and remove the fencing.