RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Tampa host committee closes in on goal
Posted Jun 19, 2012 by Kevin Wiatrowski
Updated Jun 19, 2012 at 04:39 PM
RNC Host Committee president Ken Jones told the Tampa Downtown Partnership on Tuesday that his group is about 80 percent of the way to its goal of raising $55 million to stage events during the convention.
Jones spoke at the partnership’s annual meeting.
His notes, he said, were written on the back of his boarding pass.
“I"m going from here to try to raise some more money to close the gap,” he told the audience of 550 at the Tampa Convention Center.
Shortly after Jones finished his speech, the host committee released an update of its website aimed at giving delegates and potential investors more information about the region.