Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
SPC Michael Davis Elm - Killed in Afghanistan Last Year - To Have Name Engraved on Memorial
Posted Apr 5, 2012 by Howard Altman
Updated Apr 5, 2012 at 05:35 PM
There will be another name engraved on the memorial in Joe Chilura Courthouse Square honoring service members killed in Operations Iraqi Freedom, New Dawn and Enduring Freedom.
Hillsborough County Commissioners on Wednesday honored U.S. Army Spec. Michael Davis Elm, who died Oct. 14 in Afghanistan.
This from my esteemed colleague Mike Salinero, who was there:
Elm, 25, was killed by an explosive. He was a recipient of the Bronze Star for valor, a Purple Heart and other service decorations. Commission Chairman Ken Hagan presented a plaque to Elm’s parents, Donna and Dennis Elm.