Most Recent Entries
- Scott abandoning stance in favor of Medicaid expansion?
- Bondi’s Democratic challengers trail in fundraising
- Scott files for re-election
- Crist first month total: $3 million
- Gardiner chosen as next Fla. Senate president
- Bondi’s committees now have raised more than $1 million
- First David Jolly ad touts his local ties, but could be fodder for critics
- Sources: Crist’s new campaign manager is gone
- Clark to ignore Detzner absentee directive for D 13 race
- Murman also uncertain about LG job
- Dems cry voter suppression, election supes unhappy, over new absentee rule
- Crist raises first million; Scott now over $25 million
- House and Senate bills would regulate parasailing
- Castor to raise $$ for Sink
- Two candidates left on Gov. Scott’s ‘short list’ for Lt. Gov.
SPC Michael Davis Elm - Killed in Afghanistan Last Year - To Have Name Engraved on Memorial
Posted Apr 5, 2012 by Howard Altman
Updated Apr 5, 2012 at 05:35 PM
There will be another name engraved on the memorial in Joe Chilura Courthouse Square honoring service members killed in Operations Iraqi Freedom, New Dawn and Enduring Freedom.
Hillsborough County Commissioners on Wednesday honored U.S. Army Spec. Michael Davis Elm, who died Oct. 14 in Afghanistan.
This from my esteemed colleague Mike Salinero, who was there:
Elm, 25, was killed by an explosive. He was a recipient of the Bronze Star for valor, a Purple Heart and other service decorations. Commission Chairman Ken Hagan presented a plaque to Elm’s parents, Donna and Dennis Elm.