Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Mike Salinero has covered Hillsborough County government since 2007. Email
Reporter James L. Rosica covers state government from the Tribune's Tallahassee bureau. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Ryan’s Saturday funder: Big names and big money
Posted Aug 14, 2012 by William March
Updated Aug 14, 2012 at 02:45 PM
GOP veep nominee Paul Ryan’s Saturday fundraiser will include lots of big names in GOP financial circles statewide.
The event—here’s the invite —will be held at The Club at Treasure Island. It starts at $2,500 a person, but will include a VIP reception for $25,000 per person or $50,000 per couple.
The money will be split among the Romney campaign, which has limits on what size donations it can accept; the national Republican Party; and the federal accounts of Republican parties of Idaho, Massachusetts, Oklahoma, and Vermont.
The host list includes, among others, former ambassador Mel and Betty Sembler; Brent and Debbie Sembler; A.K. and Seema Desai; former ambassador John Rood; incoming state House Speaker Will Weatherford and his wife Courtney; GOP mega-lobbyist Brian Ballard; and former state Rep. Trey Traviesa and his wife Nina.
The campaign still hasn’t said whether Ryan will hold any public events while he’s here.