Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Mike Salinero has covered Hillsborough County government since 2007. Email
Reporter James L. Rosica covers state government from the Tribune's Tallahassee bureau. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Bondi’s Democratic challengers trail in fundraising
- Scott files for re-election
- Crist first month total: $3 million
- Gardiner chosen as next Fla. Senate president
- Bondi’s committees now have raised more than $1 million
- First David Jolly ad touts his local ties, but could be fodder for critics
- Sources: Crist’s new campaign manager is gone
- Clark to ignore Detzner absentee directive for D 13 race
- Murman also uncertain about LG job
- Dems cry voter suppression, election supes unhappy, over new absentee rule
- Crist raises first million; Scott now over $25 million
- House and Senate bills would regulate parasailing
- Castor to raise $$ for Sink
- Two candidates left on Gov. Scott’s ‘short list’ for Lt. Gov.
- Peters responds to DCCC flood insurance comments
Romney does $$$ swing through Florida next week
Posted May 8, 2012 by William March
Updated May 8, 2012 at 05:01 PM
Mitt Romney will do a fundraising tour through Florida next week, hitting three country clubs and one luxury hotel in Tampa and Miami May 16 and Jacksonville and Boca Raton May 17—but it’s not yet known whether he’ll do any events open to the public.
In Tampa, Romney will hold a VIP reception for $10,000 per person contributed or $25,000 per person raised, then a $2,500/person afternoon reception, at Avila Golf and Country Club. He’ll then hold two similar evening events at Miami’s Biltmore Hotel.
On Thursday he’ll do the same at Jacksonville’s Epping Forest Country Club, then Boca Raton’s Woodfield Country Club.