Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Mike Salinero has covered Hillsborough County government since 2007. Email
Reporter James L. Rosica covers state government from the Tribune's Tallahassee bureau. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Scott abandoning stance in favor of Medicaid expansion?
- Bondi’s Democratic challengers trail in fundraising
- Scott files for re-election
- Crist first month total: $3 million
- Gardiner chosen as next Fla. Senate president
- Bondi’s committees now have raised more than $1 million
- First David Jolly ad touts his local ties, but could be fodder for critics
- Sources: Crist’s new campaign manager is gone
- Clark to ignore Detzner absentee directive for D 13 race
- Murman also uncertain about LG job
- Dems cry voter suppression, election supes unhappy, over new absentee rule
- Crist raises first million; Scott now over $25 million
- House and Senate bills would regulate parasailing
- Castor to raise $$ for Sink
- Two candidates left on Gov. Scott’s ‘short list’ for Lt. Gov.
Romney arrives early in Tampa
Posted Oct 30, 2012 by William March
Updated Oct 30, 2012 at 03:14 PM
Mitt Romney, planning an airport rally tomorrow to kick off a Florida flyaround with Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio and Connie Mack IV, has moved up his arrival in Tampa, but there’s no word on exactly why or what he’ll be doing here.
Romney will be here about 5:30 p.m., the campaign just announced, but with no details on his activities tonight. One campaign insider said Romney’s headed for his hotel when he gets here, but had no information on what happens after that.
Following the Tampa event, Romney and the other GOP stars will do rallies in Miami and Jacksonville.