RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
RNC: no Paul Festival a green light yet
Posted Jun 13, 2012 by Kevin Wiatrowski
Updated Jun 13, 2012 at 05:19 PM
The Republican National Convention organizers say reports that Paul Festival is coming to the Florida State Fairgrounds are greatly exaggerated.
“We haven’t made an assignment,” James Davis, spokesman for the RNC’s Committee on Arrangements, said late Wednesday.
That ran counter to reporters earlier in the day published by Business Insider that the RNC had green-lighted the Paul party, which it put the kibosh on last month.
Paul fans want to hold the festival, to celebrate the libertarian icon and three-time Republican presidential candidate—even if he doesn’t show up himself. They have asked to use the fairgrounds from Aug. 14 to Aug. 26.
The RNC has the fairgrounds on its list of 70-plus venues around the region that it plans to award to Republican groups for parties. So far, none of them have been assigned to groups, Davis said.