RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- St. Leo University poll: Crist 46, Scott 34
- Scott abandoning stance in favor of Medicaid expansion?
- Bondi’s Democratic challengers trail in fundraising
- Scott files for re-election
- Crist first month total: $3 million
- Gardiner chosen as next Fla. Senate president
- Bondi’s committees now have raised more than $1 million
- First David Jolly ad touts his local ties, but could be fodder for critics
- Sources: Crist’s new campaign manager is gone
- Clark to ignore Detzner absentee directive for D 13 race
- Murman also uncertain about LG job
- Dems cry voter suppression, election supes unhappy, over new absentee rule
- Crist raises first million; Scott now over $25 million
- House and Senate bills would regulate parasailing
- Castor to raise $$ for Sink
RNC: no Paul Festival a green light yet
Posted Jun 13, 2012 by Kevin Wiatrowski
Updated Jun 13, 2012 at 05:19 PM
The Republican National Convention organizers say reports that Paul Festival is coming to the Florida State Fairgrounds are greatly exaggerated.
“We haven’t made an assignment,” James Davis, spokesman for the RNC’s Committee on Arrangements, said late Wednesday.
That ran counter to reporters earlier in the day published by Business Insider that the RNC had green-lighted the Paul party, which it put the kibosh on last month.
Paul fans want to hold the festival, to celebrate the libertarian icon and three-time Republican presidential candidate—even if he doesn’t show up himself. They have asked to use the fairgrounds from Aug. 14 to Aug. 26.
The RNC has the fairgrounds on its list of 70-plus venues around the region that it plans to award to Republican groups for parties. So far, none of them have been assigned to groups, Davis said.