Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Randy Travis To Appear at Tampa Fundraiser for Veterans During RNC
Posted Aug 7, 2012 by Howard Altman
Updated Aug 7, 2012 at 06:46 PM
Country musician Randy Travis will be coming to Tampa for the Republican National Convention, to play at a fundraiser for an organization working to help veterans reintegrate into civilian life.
The fundraiser, for the non-partisan organization called Got Your 6, will be held Aug. 29. Rapper Flo Rida will appear at a similar event for the organization during the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, NC, on Sept. 5.
According to a press release:
Got Your 6 is the non-partisan, entertainment industry-led movement devoted to changing the conversation around military veterans in America, and empowering veterans to convert their leadership and operational training into positive civilian roles in communities nationwide.
Funds raised via the events will benefit Got Your 6, which works in concert with more than two dozen non-profit activation partners dedicated to supporting veterans via programs focused on Jobs, Housing, Education, Family, Health and Leadership.
“This election cycle is extremely important for veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan, making it especially important for Got Your 6 to bring increased awareness of veteran issues to both parties at the Republican and Democratic National Conventions,” said Chris Marvin, Executive Director of Got Your 6. “With the support of this amazing line-up of artists, our two concert events this fall will bring a national spotlight to the urgent need for programs that bridge the gap between military service and civilian life.”
For additional event sponsorship or ticket information please contact email@example.com, or visit www.GotYour6.org.
Editor’s Note: Willie Nelson and Jerry Jeff Walker had been set to appear at the Got Your 6 Tampa event, but due to a scheduling conflict their appearance in support of the movement will take place at a later date.