Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Mike Salinero has covered Hillsborough County government since 2007. Email
Reporter James L. Rosica covers state government from the Tribune's Tallahassee bureau. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Scott gets Q poll bump; Schale says “No biggie”
- Kentucky’s Beshear responds to Scott
- Lawmakers have sent all of this year’s bills to governor
- Scott next targets Kentucky to entice businesses, jobs
- Rangel, Clelland criticize Rouson
- Tant: J-J dinner raises $850,000, 1,300 attendees
- Fla. lawmaker on honeymoon when news breaks of ethics violation
- Scott vetoes mental health bill
- Curry: Maybe I’ll rent Rich a room
- Scott takes another jab at Nelson over sequestration and Nat’l Guard troops
- Legislature releases 2013-14 pre-session committee schedule
- New PhD now Ag Dept’s top economist
- Governor outlaws distribution of porn on school grounds
- Gov. Scott signs 34 more bills into law
- Scionti, Vance to run for judgeship
Q poll: Nelson’s lead over Mack at 13 points
Posted Oct 31, 2012 by William March
Updated Oct 31, 2012 at 12:50 PM
A new Quinnipiac University poll shows Sen. Bill Nelson with a 13-point lead over Congressman Connie Mack IV in Florida’s U.S. Senate race.
The poll, released Oct. 31, showed Nelson leading 52-39 percent.
In aSept. 26 Q-poll, it was a 53-39 spread for Nelson.
The new survey also said Florida voters disapprove of Gov. Rick Scott’s performance in office 45-39 percent.