RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Postal Service Removing Blue Boxes For RNC
Posted Aug 8, 2012 by Josh Poltilove
Updated Aug 8, 2012 at 09:41 AM
Beginning the week of Aug. 19 – per law enforcement’s suggestion – the United States Postal Service is removing several of its blue collection boxes downtown, USPS spokeswoman Enola Rice said.
The postal service alerted customers 30 days in advance by placing notices on those boxes.
The boxes will be returned the week of Sept. 2, Rice said.
Boxes will be removed from: 401 E. Twiggs St.; 403 E. Madison St.; 513 E. Jackson St.; 201 E. Polk St.; 700 E. Twiggs; 101 S. Ashley Drive; and 601 E. Kennedy Blvd.
Also, the mail drop inside the lobby of the post office at 401 N. Ashley will be temporarily sealed.
Customers using collection boxes at those locations should bring mail to the post office at 401 N. Ashley.