RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Scott abandoning stance in favor of Medicaid expansion?
- Bondi’s Democratic challengers trail in fundraising
- Scott files for re-election
- Crist first month total: $3 million
- Gardiner chosen as next Fla. Senate president
- Bondi’s committees now have raised more than $1 million
- First David Jolly ad touts his local ties, but could be fodder for critics
- Sources: Crist’s new campaign manager is gone
- Clark to ignore Detzner absentee directive for D 13 race
- Murman also uncertain about LG job
- Dems cry voter suppression, election supes unhappy, over new absentee rule
- Crist raises first million; Scott now over $25 million
- House and Senate bills would regulate parasailing
- Castor to raise $$ for Sink
- Two candidates left on Gov. Scott’s ‘short list’ for Lt. Gov.
Postal Service Removing Blue Boxes For RNC
Posted Aug 8, 2012 by Josh Poltilove
Updated Aug 8, 2012 at 09:41 AM
Beginning the week of Aug. 19 – per law enforcement’s suggestion – the United States Postal Service is removing several of its blue collection boxes downtown, USPS spokeswoman Enola Rice said.
The postal service alerted customers 30 days in advance by placing notices on those boxes.
The boxes will be returned the week of Sept. 2, Rice said.
Boxes will be removed from: 401 E. Twiggs St.; 403 E. Madison St.; 513 E. Jackson St.; 201 E. Polk St.; 700 E. Twiggs; 101 S. Ashley Drive; and 601 E. Kennedy Blvd.
Also, the mail drop inside the lobby of the post office at 401 N. Ashley will be temporarily sealed.
Customers using collection boxes at those locations should bring mail to the post office at 401 N. Ashley.